The pickle man

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Crawfish cornbread - and cute kids :)

In spite of all of my resolutions yesterday, I once again made it to the parade without my camera.  Luckily, I passed some of my students, and one snapped this picture.  This was before the parade started, so my little boy didn't have any beads yet - in retrospect, a nice part of the evening, since long beads on him were directly in front of my eyes :)  Still, he had a wonderful time and is ready for New Orleans in a few weeks. 


Also last night, my baby ate crawfish cornbread (which he loved).  Actually, we all loved it, because it is delicious!!

Here is my mother-in-law's recipe:



2 cups yellow cornmeal
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 Tbsp baking powder
6 eggs
1/2 cup sliced jalapeno peppers (I'm fairly sure she used a little crushed red pepper instead last night.  This much jalapeno makes for some very spicy cornbread).
1/2 cup chopped bell pepper
2 medium onions chopped
16 oz. grated cheddar cheese
2/3 cup oil
2 large cans cream style corn
2 lbs. crawfish tails

In a large bowl combine dry ingredients. In a medium bowl, beat eggs thoroughly. Add other ingredients to eggs. Add egg mixture to cornmeal mixture and mix well.
Bake in a 12 x 14 inch well greased pan for 55 minutes at 375° or until golden brown.
You may half this recipe and bake in 9 x 13 inch pan, adjust cooking time to 30 minutes.
Good served at room temperature.

Oh, and in case the first picture didn't have quite enough cuteness for you, check this one out :)
That's my baby!!

No comments:

Post a Comment