The pickle man

Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Roasted Cauliflower with Curry

Some days, I make complicated dishes that cook for a long time, and usually I think they are worth it.  But usually, that's on the weekend. 

Some days, I remember that I'm a working mom who also has to do laundry and it's Tuesday.  So I make dishes like this.  

From start to finish, this takes about 20 minutes... and 10 of those minutes are when it's roasting in the oven.  We serve this with pork chops, grilled chicken, or really, anything.




Roasted Cauliflower with Curry

1 head cauliflower, cut into 2 inch long pieces (remove the core)
1-2 tsp olive oil
1/2 tsp salt (may need more)
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp curry powder*


Cauliflower prior to roasting
Preheat the oven to 425.  Spread olive oil on a half-sheet pan.  Toss cauliflower out over the pan.  It's important not to overcrowd, so that the cauliflower gets a little crisp around the edges, instead of steaming.  Sprinkle seasonings and toss to combine.  Roast for 10-12 minutes, until lightly brown around the outside.  Open the oven once during cooking and give the pan a vigorous shake to move these around (or, I guess you can use a spatula, but I don't feel like washing dishes tonight).  


And after roasting... 


*Note -- What kind of curry powder? To be honest, I'm open for suggestions.  Currently, I just use McCormick, so I'm almost certain I can do better.  My friend Anu keeps a spice box by her stove where she makes her own curry by pinching from the seasonings... I'll update when I figure this part out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment