The pickle man

Sunday, March 13, 2011

What we are reading

In addition to cooking (and running, so I can justify all the food), I love to read.  And I love to read to my boys.  So I wanted to include an occasional post about what we are reading.

Right now I am re-reading Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte and LOVING it.  Usually, I go for lighter fare, but this is what the students are reading and I always re-read with them.  If I don't, it's difficult to answer their questions - my memory isn't what it used to be.

But oh, something about Heathcliff - tortured soul - always makes my heart ache for him.  I've really just started, so the beginning part where everyone is so mean to him - something in my mother's heart wants to adopt him!




And with the boys tonight, we read Harold and the Purple Crayon.  It's older, but it is a classic for a reason.  Plus, it's a great calming book - I love anything where the title character goes to sleep on the last page.  It gives me hope that my little men will do likewise.

So, that's what we are reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment